"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Monday, May 20, 2013

My Father Ultimately Loved Cars


I couldn't deny the fact that Papa loves cars ever since. When Mama and Papa were still a newbie in terms of starting out our family, would you believe that they've got 3- and we were not even rich! I wasn't born yet during that time so my brothers were really luckier to have those wheels to travel a lot. When I was born and Papa was diagnosed with Diabetes, they have decided to sell the said cars. When I was 10, my parents bought a used Suzuki Super Carry. I won't forget those Popeye stickers on it! My Papa used the said vehicle for work. I recall those times that he'd bring "pasalubongs" and lots of fruits every night after work. Only goes to show that Papa was such a caring dad. 

When Papa was in Leyte, he had a sports car customized that looked like a go kart! He also had a 3-wheel bicycle. It was pink and he was so proud when he showed it to me! 

I do think that our love for vehicles is rooted to Papa's influence on us. When hubby and I worked abroad, we initially invested for an SUV for a transport business. My siblings have also chosen to buy their own cars when they were able to afford one. I guess Papa was amazed with the kind of taste my siblings have for cars- Ford Focus Hatchback 2010, Chevrolet Spark 2011 and a Mazda 3 2009. 

I do believe that if Papa has funds he might have filled our garage with tons of cars in different shapes and sizes- be it an old school model, the latest race-car type or the one with odd features... Oh Pops... 

No comments:

Post a Comment