"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My New Year's Dream of Papa


     On December 31, 2012, I had a dream about Papa. It was my second dream of him since he passed away. There was an evident disparity between my December 24th dream and this one. It is because in my first dream, Papa died then was revived, but with this one we were all aware that what we got in touch with was just his soul. Also, from what I remember, my Papa never uttered a single word throughout that dream. These are the 5 scenes that I vividly remember on that dream. 

Scene 1

My colleagues and I were at a shopping mall. We were all laughing while chatting. Then I noticed something from my right peripheral vision. I looked on my right side and saw my Papa looking at the toys in the department store's toy section. The facial features of Papa was clear- his mole on his left cheekbone and his laughing eyes. Mama was behind him. I immediately ran to them both surprised and curious. Mama just told me: "I found him here."

Scene 2

We took Papa home and he lied on a wooden bench. We were all very happy and excited to have our Papa again! My mom was on the other side of the bench and I was sitting beside him. I called Kuya Allan to tell Kuya Eric that Papa was with us. My Kuya Eric immediately ran to my Papa and held his hand. 

Scene 3

Our whole family was staring at a vast farm or field. We were all behind Papa. My Papa was wearing a yellow shirt. He didn't move but just stared on the field. My brothers were behind him, and Mama and I were behind them. I was surprised to see that the shape of my Papa's body was indeed "real" but I was shocked because the middle part of his body, horizontally, seemed like a mirror. I could see the field through him. His body was translucent. I asked my mom "Mama, look at Papa's body. It's like a mirror, a glass." My mom replied: "That's because Papa is already a spirit."

Scene 4 

Given the fact that my Papa loves cockfighting, I understand why this scene was present in my dream. 

Papa, mama and I went to a house full of roosters for derbies. My Papa entered the house made of wood. We could see him through the huge windows. He was holding a rooster, smiling as he patted its feathers. Just then two guys came in and asked us "What are you two doing in here? Who are you with?" Then we just smiled. Apparently, they cannot see Papa. We just looked at him for a moment. Then my mom shouted "Ling, we'll go ahead. We love you!" Papa just smiled. When it was my turn to bid goodbye, I shouted "Papa, goodbye! We love you! Thanks for everything!" and blew a kiss to him. Papa smiled and he blew a kiss to me as well. In that dream I can tell that he was happy. 

This is the scene that still makes me cry until now. I could feel and see how Papa loves me even in death! If we're going to base this scene scientifically, well then my subconscious must have been telling me how much my Papa loves me (and how we love him), and I take comfort in that. 

Scene 5

At home, I found my Papa's pants. I held it and suddenly a small angel figurine fell. I picked it up and asked my mom about it. My mom replied "That's from Papa. He left that to us." 

Perhaps Papa wants us to know that we already have a guardian angel from now on - him!

~~~

     That's the final scene from that dream. I admit, I felt better and happy when I awoke that morning. But when I rushed to my mom's room and told her my dream, tears kept pouring from my eyes. Whatever the explanation behind that dream will remain a mystery. It could be a way my Papa told us that everything is already okay with him and he has accepted what happened. It could also be just a product of my imagination. Or it may be God's way to cheer me up. The possibilities are endless. All I could hope for is one day, soon, our family will all be reconciled in Paradise. And for now, all we could do is hold onto the beautiful memories he has left behind- tightly, even if it's as painful as holding a rose full of thorns... 


I'll always be my father's daughter...

No comments:

Post a Comment