"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Monday, December 31, 2012

A Timeless Tribute To My Papa





  


Papa's viewing chapel is the John Chapel.
Obituary is published in
Philippine Star Newspaper
December 13, 2012 issue.
The tribute played during the wake of my Papa.



    This is the first part of the tribute video created by St. Peter Life Plans, Commonwealth, Tandang Sora, Quezon City. This was played during the wake of my dear Papa, Rustico C. Salve. There has been some error while uploading the second part. Hopefully, the issue could be fixed and would be able to upload it by then. Now, going back, we have submitted the compilation of my Papa's pictures around the third day of his wake. Although we were not able to include the older photos of my Papa and our family photos when we were still kids because unfortunately, the Typhoon Ondoy washed out all of our photo albums, this tribute included the most recent photos of my beloved Papa. Our lovely family photos with our happy Papa along with the soothing and meaningful music of Josh Groban, Luther Vandross and the Philippines' very own Gary Valenciano made this a very beautiful and heartfelt tribute to a man who loved us so much, and whom we also love even in death. Here are my favorite parts of the music which were incorporated on the tribute:

1. You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban

"There is no life – no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity."

2. Dance With My Father Again by Luther Vandross 


"If I could steal one final glance, 
One final step, one final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
Coz I'd love, love, love to dance with my father again...."


and this:

"I know I'm praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don't do it usually
But dear Lord she's dying to dance with my father again.

Every night I fall asleep
And this is all I ever dream.."

3. Lead Me Lord by Gary Valenciano

"You are my light
You're the lamp upon my feet
All the time my Lord
I need You there
You are my light
I (just) cannot live alone
Let me stay 
By Your guiding love
All through my life"


     I know Papa you are doing fine now with our dear Lord above. I know you don't want us to feel so much grief. But this pain of losing you will become a part of us, like the love that we have for you. It's bittersweet- the two emotions we feel at the same time. It's true, you left a special place in our hearts. A place specifically meant for you Papa. We love you, and we miss you more than you'll ever know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment