"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Trusting God's Decisions


I had an a monthly progressive report with my supervisor and he actually commended me for having a bright disposition and exuding positive energy at work despite the fact that I lost my dad only a couple of months ago. I am like that, and have always been, ever since. From what I remember, it took me a month since December 10 for me to fully act normally at work. That's the time that I always feel a lump on my throat. How did I do it? Well the pain will forever be present in my heart and in my head, I guess. It's the question on how I've dealt with the freshness of it and how I am going to deal with it for the rest of my life. In my Ezine article, I've explained the several things we could do in dealing with the loss, but I guess each one of us has our own way of dealing with it because situations, family ties and personalities do vary.

Right now, besides those things that I myself do to help myself and my family, I have learned to trust God. Trust His plans for us. Trust His decisions. Trust His promises. If I cling on to the memories of my dad, I hold on tightly on God's promises in the Bible. It gives me strength to face the realities of life. The love that my dad had for us and the love I have for my dad, in life or death, is always connected to faith. God is love and so I relax and just entrust everything to Him - a hope that someday, all of us will be reconciled in Paradise and that Papa is waiting for us. Right now, Papa could only watch us, guiding us to surpass life's challenges. Oh, and helping us pray to God. After all, he is the one closest to God now. :)


"Papa, I've cried a while ago. As usual, your memories comforted me. Thank you Pop. I love and miss you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment