"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Brother Allan's First Birthday Without Papa

Last August 10 was my Kuya Allan's 35th Birthday. And it was his first birthday without Papa. We celebrated his birthday dinner at Trinity Restaurant in Seaside Macapagal Avenue. We have met them there after they bought the seafood and meat to be cooked or otherwise called "Paluto" at Trinity Restaurant. Hubby and I dropped by at Bannaple first to buy a Banoffee Cake as our birthday gift for him.  We then asked the Banapple staff to put "Happy Birthday Tito Ato" on the cake. My son calls my brother "Tito Ato" as here in the Philippines, we often call our uncles "Tito"; my brother being a lawyer, the "Ato" is a shortened name for "Attorney. The place is really cozy and comfortable too. I'm used to eating grilled foods in an open restaurant (We call those places here in Manila as "Dampa" or "Ihaw-Ihaw") but Trinity has an atmosphere of an elegant but cozy air-conditioned restaurant. There was a strip of restaurants too where people could eat outside if they want to listen to a band or to dine inside. If I'm not mistaken, Trinity also offers live bands as I saw a mic stand, musical instruments and other band thingies on a nook inside. The food, service and place are great! 




The food was astonishingly delicious! It's as if we had our personal waiter too. Shrimps, Grilled Squid, Adobo, Sisig, Sinigang sa Miso, Ensaladang Mangga and Crispy Pata were served, among others. Mouthwatering yet sinfully delicious! We reminded our Mom to just get a little portion of every bit of it as she has a maintenance for having a high blood pressure. She already took Blopress (I believe) prior to eating just to be sure. Those foods were my Papa's favorite, I should know! Aah, it kills me inside thinking that last year he was still with us and now all we do is wishful thinking... 


The next day, we all decided to visit Papa at his grave-site. It was a rainy afternoon, but we have decided to go there by hook or by crook. My brother asked Ate Lita to cook Pancit Canton, Mixed Pork and Chicken Adobo and Ensaladang Mangga. Hubby and I dropped by at JCo Donuts and bought 2 dozens of assorted ones. My Mom is a certified nut-lover and I didn't get surprised when the Alcapone became her favorite. I still love the Avocado Dicaprio. Glad that our contact at the cemetery was able to prepare the tent and 10 chairs so we could stay there comfortably, bond with the rest of the family and with my Pops too, in spirit, :) !




It's true we all have to deal with the loss and move on with our lives, coz if Papa was still here, I think he wanted us to do so. As long as we remain strong for each other and we include him in our prayers and in all the important events in our lives, Pops will remain alive. 



will post photos soon

No comments:

Post a Comment