"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Sunday, November 24, 2013

All Saint's Day 2013

Of all the days I've filed as a Vacation Leave, I am still thankful- Oct. 31 was approved!!

So we were able to go on an overnight stay at my Papa's gravesite in Heaven's Gate Memorial Gardens. We arrived there at around 8 pm on Thursday and left at lunchtime the next day. Here in the Philippines, during All Saint's Day, cemeteries go super alive! Cemeteries are well-lit, mini-stores everywhere and tents and even the camping ones fill the place, and kids flying their colorful kites are just a regular thing during this time. Drinking sprees until the wee hours of morning by my hubby, brothers and nephews as well as chit-chats.
Good thing there were no mosquitoes and the cold temperature was bearable.





In the sunny morning of Nov. 1, my mom led a prayer while sticking numerous candles for all the souls that we remember, followed by a filling meal and some chit-chats too.













I know Pops appreciated our stay there!

No comments:

Post a Comment