"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014

Last December 25th was our 3nd Christmas celebration without Papa around. Though we miss him very much, I am still deeply grateful for we were able to spend this very special occasion with the rest of my family. All those gift-giving, merrymaking and the heaps of foods almost resembling a mini-festival, oh, I won't ever get tired of it! This is certainly an occasion for kids, and my son and niece were the highlight of Christmas Eve as they were the happiest ones when the clock strike 12! Hubby and I sneaked downstairs before going to bed, and placed a gift on our son's Santa sock. During the Christmas season, he was really expecting to meet Santa Clause! Although he wasn't able to see Santa the next day, he was very much happy when he found out the so called Santa's gift! He realized that although he has been naughty most of the time during the year, Santa was still able to see the good deeds that he has done, like praying, following our reminders, fulfilling is school tasks, helping the needy and going to church, among others. Santa is not only symbolic of the Christmas season and of generosity, but he signifies the mercy and big-heartedness of our dear Lord. I remember my Papa. Like Santa, he embodies someone who would let my mistakes pass, find the good in me and gives me happiness. These are the people and characters that God has sent us to remind us that love is everywhere. 

I miss you Pa! You're always in my heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment