"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Memories of Papa

The other day, my hubby and I had our lunch at a new mall in the metro. I just love those moments. Laid back. Having lunch with him on a lazy Monday afternoon. Had a cheesecake before we ate our rice meals was incredibly fun. Reminiscing our past experiences and talking about our plans for the future. I saw an old man having lunch alone. I remembered my Dad. That moment when he came home, holding two bags filled with McDonalds treats-for me and my baby. I imagined him placing an order on a McDonald counter. Perhaps he didn't say the exact value meal number that corresponds to his order. :) Maybe he just mentioned that he wanted a cheeseburger, large fries and drinks and that's it! Oh, my father! Aside from my mom, he's the most thoughtful and generous person whom I've met. Still expressing his love and concern for me even if I was already married and have my own kid. That's my dad. And he continuously inspires me to apply the the wonderful and positive things which he taught me on my daily life even now that he's gone.

Pa, thanks for the memories of love and selflessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment