"What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard for posterity."

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pops' 65th Birthday

Papa's birthday celebration last Sept. 7 was sooo much fun! His birthday fell on a Monday so we decided to hold it on a weekend. So thankful we made that decision. My mom made a delish baked mac and it was the highlight of the meals we prepared there. Rice, pork dishes, native delicacies, etc. made our tummies super happy. We spent Papa's special day in a way that he would have definitely enjoyed- yummy meals, bonding with the whole family, as well as with our relatives and friends. After holding a prayer, we stayed throughout the late afternoon on his grave site and left at past 7 pm. The cemetery was pitch-black! Eerie and fun. Perhaps fun because it was almost 20 of us. :)

If my Papa is still alive, he's already 65 by now. It's been almost a couple of years. I have made a lot of decisions inspired by his memories. I miss him badly and I still feel that tightness on my chest whenever I see his photos.

Happy Birthday Papa! I miss you so much. I'm asking God to bless you with peace and give us the courage to face life without you- till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment